Saturday 28 April 2012

Revealing.

So The Dying Man contacted me today... The ground began to open forming letters. The cracks moving and changing to form the words it spoke.

Hello Ray. You can no doubt guess who is speaking to you so I will forgo introductions. I wanted you to know. I know where you are. I know what you're doing and I could take you whenever I want. I have taken the world. The Earth itself is a part of me. The ground you are walking on is me. So why do I let you continue? Because once I take every one of you there will be nothing left to amuse myself with. Being all alone in the universe isn't any fun. So I let you continue. Together we will play a little game. 

Those infected you snuck past I placed them there. They knew you were there but I let you sneak by. That is the way of this little game. Have you ever played a stealth game. I'm sure you have. If you ever thought about it you realize. the game knows where you are at all times. Therefore The NPC's as mere extensions of the game must know where you are as well. They are however programmed to remain oblivious until you do something to alert them to your presence. That is how this will go. I always know where you are but my infected will remain oblivious to your presence unless you foolishly alert them. You will carry on forever hiding from my infected fighting my creatures and occasionally I will force you into certain challenges when the normal game gets too boring. If you fail there are others. If you all fail I will make more. Speaking of challenges. I will give you one now. You are currently in a forested area of northern Vancouver. You ceased getting messages from your wife and child because they no longer have access to the internet. They were not a trick she really is still alive and she is currently somewhere in the Rockies. I won't tell you exactly where. I will give you 18 days to go find her. If you don;t find her in that time I will kill her and your child. Of course I could be lying about all of this. It could even be a trap. Your decision. Choose whether to risk losing your life or risk losing your wife. In fact I'll give you an extra day to make that decision. If you truly loved her the decision shouldn't be hard.

So yeah... After that the cracks closed with a sound like laughter. I have to decide now...

No comments:

Post a Comment